Sunday, December 1, 2013

Countless blessings

It is a little past 9, lying here in my bed. Coming to the realization that I haven't posted much in a while. With a lot going on in my head why not give you all an update while lying here.

This weekend again reminded me how lucky and blessed I am to have the family and friends that I have. The holidays seem to have that effect on me. This is defiantly my favorite time of the year.

Wednesday night after I got off work I headed halfway south for Thanksgiving. I stopped in Corvallis to stay with some family friends and then caught a ride down with them Thursday morning for the big feast at my parents property in Eagle Point.

Come Thursday I couldn't have asked for a better day. Though it may have been only 18 hours, it may have been one of the best Thanksgivings I have ever had. From my grandparents coming down from Portland just like me, to seeing my dad's dad, my uncle, my cousins, and just hanging out with family friends, it overall was a great day. It was great to see my dad's dad given his current health. He will be heading down south to LA for the next 6 months like he has done for the past so that could have been my last time seeing him. It was really good. And of course getting to spend some time with my mom and dad meant the world. I miss the property a lot and Portland sometimes just can't fill that void. I am thankful Christmas will be a little bit longer but not by much.

This year compared to other holidays will be more different than I have ever experienced. For most of the month of December I will be by myself, something I am not used to during this time of year. I'd be lying if I think it will be easy because it won't. At the same time, I plan on rejoicing through the ups and downs and reminding myself how truly blessed I am in the first place.

The rest of the weekend was spent in Corvallis celebrating the wedding of my friends Kelley and Kacie. Me and my brother were on the road at 6:30 Friday morning. Even though Austin and I weren't directly in the wedding party, we were blessed to be included in all the activities leading up to their big day. It truly was a good wedding as well. From breakfast at Sharis while the girls were already getting ready at the church to mini golf to the ceremony and reception it will was so fun! It has been so cool to see Kelley and Kacie grow as a couple and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for them with their marriage.

Overall the weekend was a success. Tomorrow the work week starts up again. I am again truly blessed to not be in school anymore because this week would be Dead Week. Another thing to yet again be thankful for :) Though this month may have its ups and downs leading up to Christmas with my family, I hope to make the most of it. I am so thankful family and friends are just a phone call or a text away so regardless I am going to make the most of it. Until the next post, hopefully not 3 months from now. This is all I got, God bles

No comments:

Post a Comment