Sunday, August 18, 2013

Letting down your guard

It has been a while. I can't even begin to explain how crazy busy I have been these last couple weeks. It is only going to get busier from here on out. I thought his growing up thing would be easy. The complete opposite has happened recently and as always their is a reason behind it. For those of you who know me really well, I am not patient at all. So this has been a struggle to say the least.

This post is about letting down your guard. Not only for me but for anyone. I have come across to many people who just put on that face that everything is okay and we believe it and go on with our day. Sadly, in the end, these people are hurting and they will never say anything if you don't try to pull it out of them. It is sad but true because I am stubbornly the same way.

After a fun fulfilled weekend yet again in Corvallis, I had to leave once again to come home to West Linn. I have once never lied about how I have been in Portland. I am really enjoying my job, so I have absolutely no complaints there! The problem lies in trying to get one plugged into a church up here and two meeting some new people and putting myself out there.

If you know me, I am generally an outgoing guy. But take me out of my comfort zone, that is a different story. I understand that summer time is summer time and I can't control anything that goes on. I can't help it that I love a lot of people and just want to be their for them during some really important times in their life. I do this because I know they would do it for me. The sacrifice has taken a toll on me and the moral of the story is I am physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausted.

I title this post letting down your guard because one it is hard to do. There are always those same people that ask for prayer I sometimes go like "really", have you given that up to God? But when it comes to me I feel like I am fine and okay. Leaving Corvallis yet again was the hardest thing for me today. That in the past has been my comfort zone. Each week I have been their leaving has been harder and harder. I long to have Portland become my comfort zone and to meet some new people so I can yet again become part of that fellowship that is super important for our walk with the Lord. We can't do it alone.

I am upset that I have let it come this far and I apologize to the people who I just lied to your face and have been praying for me. Now I can't do it anymore, I am letting down my guard and letting you know where I am at. My prayer is that you would pray that I would get plugged in to a church up here, that I would step out of my comfort zone, that I would let down my guard and be open to new things. I will never forgot the friendships I had in Corvallis. But now it is a new chapter in my life and I can't do it without one Jesus and one prayer.

Matthew 11:28-30 has been my reminder and my prayer. "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light"

That is my prayer and thank you all who have always been there for me! I am so blessed and can't wait to see what the future holds. Until then I will lean on Jesus for understand and trust His every move in this next chapter of my life. God bless and thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment